The New York Center for Flamenco Performing Arts/ArtsFlamenco works to:
ArtsFlamenco accomplishes its mission through:
- preserve the traditions of flamenco, while also evolving flamenco as an art form;
- be a centralized resource that promotes flamenco music, dance and culture;
- foster an intelligent appreciation for the flamenco art form through education and performance;
- provide performance opportunities for flamenco artists while also making flamenco accessible and affordable to all audiences.
- Arts-In-Education Programs
ArtsFlamenco offers teaching artist residencies, teacher professional development programs, educational flamenco demonstrations and performances, and flamenco dance instruction workshops.
- Flamenco Dance Instruction
ArtsFlamenco teaches regularly scheduled classes four times per week for adult beginners in lower Manhattan. Workshops are held during the summer months in New York City, Long Island and Washington, DC.
- Alegrías en La Nacional Flamenco Theater
ArtsFlamenco presents Alegrías en La Nacional Flamenco Theater, a weekend venue featuring local and international artists in an intimate, tablao atmosphere.
- Pasión Flamenca, The Dance Company
ArtsFlamenco's artists-in-residence, Pasión Flamenca, is a touring dance company performing traditional and fusionist compositions and choreodramatic works.
ArtsFlamenco has a deep commitment to making its services and venues accessible to all members of the general public, regardless of ethnicity, socio-economic background, age, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
The New York Center For Flamenco Performing Arts/ArtsFlamenco is a tax-exempt, not-for-profit corporation, whose programs are supported in part by:
Lower Manhattan Cultural Council
Materials for the Arts (MFTA)
A program of the NYC Department of Cultural Affairs, Department of Sanitation and Board of Education
All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate without permission.