Weekly Adult Classes
1. Do I need any previous dance experience?
Absolutely no experience is necessary.
2. Do I need a partner for the class?
No, Flamenco is traditionally danced solo. If there is a paired choreography, one of your fellow students will be happy to partner you.
3. Are classes open to men?
Yes, everyone is welcome.
4. Am I too old for flamenco?
Flamenco has something for everyone. No one is too old for dancing and it is never too late to start.
5. When do new classes begin?
The classes are ongoing, check the class schedule and join at anytime.
6. I have some dance experience, should I begin at a more advanced level?
Even with some Flamenco experience, it is better to start with a few beginner classes as a warm up.
7. Do I need to purchase Flamenco shoes before taking classes?
No, take some classes first. When it's time for serious shoes, you'll know.
8. What should I wear to class?
Women can begin with any comfortable shoe having a sturdy, wide heel that is 1 1/2 to 3 inches high and a hard sole (no platforms). A full ankle length skirt with a flair is best. Men should wear, fairly close fitting, shirt and pants, and a sturdy shoe or low boot with a 1 to 1 1/2 inch heel. Please keep in mind that it is important to choose something you are comfortable in.
9. Do we have a guitarist in the class?
Ocassionally, but beginner classes are generally taught to recorded music.
10. Can I pay for a group of lessons in advance?
Yes, 5 and 10 class cards are available at a discount.
11. Are private lessons available?
Private lessons are available by appointment.
12. Can I give lessons as a gift?
We are happy make up gift vouchers for any number of group classes or private lessons.
© 2006, 2007
All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate without permission.